Sunday, September 14, 2014

More Horses join the Stable

One of my personal mantras is: you never see a Hearse towing a Trailer.
 
So, in the interests of making Robyn more comfortable on the pillion seat (of course), I started looking at more comfortable motorcycle options. I had my eye on the new Indian Chief Vintage but, without Dealer support in Perth, there was no way that bike was getting a look in.
 
An equally attractive option was the new Project Rushmore Harley Davidson Ultra Glide Limited.
 
Robyn and I drove up to Frasers in Dianella and sat on one which she found to be much more comfortable than the back seat of the W800. The 2015 models were on the verge of being released so I looked at the Harley website and, to be perfectly honest, the 2015 colours were just awful. I mentioned this to Robyn so she said I had better get on the phone and find a 2014 model in the colour we wanted.
 
Now who is going to ignore a green light like that?
 
So I rang the Bunbury Dealer in the strong belief that I would prefer to ride a 400kg bike home up the Old Coast Road than down the Freeway via suburban mayhem.
 
On September 5th we drove down to Bunbury and picked up a new
Project Rushmore Harley Davidson Ultra Glide Limited in Charcoal and Silver.
 
 
Here are some nice photos I found on the Net:
 
 
 
 
 
We went on a couple of local rides just to get used to the difference between this and the W and today we went up to Dwellingup. There are a couple of cafés there that attract a lot of bikers, young and old, for coffee and a snack. It's particularly busy on Sundays, especially when it's the first sunny Sunday with blue skies. Spring has sprung and summer is just around the corner.
 


 
Here's our new Harley sitting waiting for us. It's very nice. 

 
I've kept the Kawasaki W800. It's just too nice to ride, and too nice to look at.


No comments:

Post a Comment